No Sale, No Crocuses But...
Some news is indeed just no news. The city house continues to have tons of showings and a conditional offer but no real sale. The crocuses are avoiding coming up as it is too cold - spring might arrive during summer.
check out the pictures of the completed attic. It is now ready for family, friends, food and beverage. Along with your favorite craft activity or even just a good book. The sun light up there is wonderful. The furniture has filled up the echoes and it is ready for some people sounds.
The honored guest sewing table and chair with a view of the lake (as Alyssa calls the large northern body of water). The picture shows it up a bit dark but really it is a delightful space that any of my sewing or scrap-booking friends may come and use.
I am pretty "stoked" about these chairs. Adjustable in four ways and to boot they complement the wall color so well. They beat the heck out of folding chairs (and the stolen captains bar chair I have been using for 25 years)and the price was really reasonable which is why I went crazy and bought the 6 that I envisioned. They would even be great for knitting, crocheting, reading a book or looking out the window from.
We are continuing to work away in the basement and get it ready for occupancy. Alyssa found a light fixture that works well in the space and now needs two more to match it. Plus we have decided with a closet that big perhaps a wall sconce light in there would be a good idea.
But before we can install her lights we need to do the ceiling. We received the ceiling vinyl sample and it looks good in the picture but it does look a bit "fake". I have given it one coat of paint but it needs a second one. I think the verdict is still out on this one. We are looking at other options and yesterday I bought some Debbie Travis wall paper that looks like tin ceiling so we will see if that works to put on acoustic panels and then paint. This weekends project (one of many).
The final project Ron has worked on in the two weeks since the last update is the frame for the pantry door and the transom window. We found the door (one person from the last blog update voted green) and purchased new wood. Ron has now created, sanded, stained and installed the new frame. He has repaired the door but needs to cut it down and then I will paint it. I guess the next thing I need to source is some glass for the transom window.
This is the result of last week's project - salvage of ceiling tiles and t-bar. Took many hours and two full loads to the farm (looked like a lot more material in the truck than on the basement floor). This now needs to be painted, wall papered or whatever option we end up doing. Paint for sure on the t-bar but the wall paper trial patches are still drying and awaiting some "testing".
So that's our latest update except to say that we are hosting the Davidson Red Hat Society on April 17th which I think is going to be very interesting. I am hoping that maybe a few people will have more house stories to share. Maybe the crocuses and info about a house sale will be imminent when I post the pictures of their tour.
Comments and visits always welcome.