What's a Wiki?
If you have access to the internet, it is very likely that you have encountered a wiki at some point. It is even more likely that you have visited the largest Wiki space of them all, Wikipedia.
So, what is a wiki?
A wiki is a web-based space that allows multiple users to modify or contribute to a page (or collection of pages) using a simplified markup language. More simply, a wiki allows multiple people to collaborate on a single document. The virtual document is editable and uses basic word processing and simple HTML codes.
The University of Saskatchewan has embraced the wiki technology and provides a wiki space for students, faculty and staff. Many colleges and departments are actively using a wiki to streamline their correspondence. The wiki space is hosted at:
In an effort to promote wiki use, Training Services is providing training courses within the wiki environment. The wiki training course covers the following topics:
- Login as a member and create a workspace
- Personalize the look of a workspace
- Edit workspace content using Rich Text format and Wiki Markup Language
- Add pages, hyperlinks, images and tables to a workspace
- Track and review updates to a workspace
- Set workspace permissions
- Export a wiki to other formats
A wiki course is scheduled for January. For additional information or to register, visit: