Surgical Information Site
I recently found a new site called Pre-OP, which describes itself as:
"This is an information resource designed to help you understand the nature of a medical condition and the surgical procedure most commonly used to treat it.
Our hope is that we will help you to:
• gain a better understanding of your medical condition,
• know your treatment options,
• understand the risks of surgery - as well as the risk should you decide not to have the treatment your doctor recommends.
• You should also know what to expect on the day of surgery
• and know how to care of yourself during recovery."
I think it might also be useful for premed and 1st year students.